Thursday, March 11, 2010

Party in the Fire Island Pines

So this is about a year old now but I'd not seen it until recently. This is a pretty good indication that you Old Guys haven't either.


It's an internet SENSATION!


It's set to the tune "Party in the USA" by Miley Cyrus (that's Hannah Montana for you Old Guys with grandchildren)

It's basically the most adorable thing I've seen in the last 8 months. Count the Wiener Dog appearances.

It actually brings up an interesting issue that we all sat around chatting about recently. It is often said that my generation (children of Boomers say 20 - 35) is apathetic. I disagree. I think my generation is the first generation getting busy BEING about the movements (pick a movement and we're being about it) instead of talking about it. Interracial relationships, gay marriage, clean food and water. The success and popularity of this video speaks to that for me in many ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment